Our Charities - Place2Be and Art Refuge
- Adrienne, our founder's mother had mental health challenges all of her adult life
- Whilst Bridget was a growing up there was a lot of stigma around mental health & not a lot of support
Our Chosen Charities are Place2Be and Art Refuge
Place2Be is a national charity providing emotional support to children in schools. We believe that prevention is better than cure and providing tools for the younger generation and their carers is paramount to improved understanding and better overall mental health for everyone.
10% of profit from clothing sales will go to Place2Be - registered charity numbers: 1040756 and SC038649
- On reflection we feel like mental health treatments of old were like putting a full body cast on a broken ankle
- One of the things that was of most benefit for Adrienne in Bridget's mind was occupational therapy and the feeling of satisfaction she felt in creating something artistic - be it a drawing, a painting or using her hands to craft ceramics. It was such a mindful process with the benefit of learning a new skill as well as learning and creating in a positive environment
- These are types of opportunities we would like to create and support as a business.